Nutcracker Notes is a biannual newsletter published by the Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation. It includes WPEF news and events,high-elevation five-needle pine systems news and events, and current and ongoing research. The two latest publications are available to supporting members and can be accessed through the Members Only page. If you are not yet a member, please consider supporting our work and have access to the latest research and news — Become a member today.
If you are interested in submitting an article for publication in Nutcracker Notes, please see our Submission Guidelines below.
The Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation is always looking for news briefs and articles for our biannual newsletter, Nutcracker Notes. Here is a synopsis of what we’re looking for:
- Study findings, including initial findings, or commentaries or news items relating to whitebark pine, limber pine, or any of the other high-elevation five-needle pines, written in an informal or at least relatively non-technical style for our rather broad audience.
- Article length can be up to 1200-1300 words.
- Digital black-and-white figures or black-and-white photos can accompany the articles. We use a few digital color photos with each issue, favoring subjects related to the articles.
- Submit draft manuscripts in Microsoft Word format by April 30 for the Spring/Summer and by October 31 for the Fall/Winter issue to WPEF editor Bob Keane(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The editor will promptly make suggested changes – quite often minor—and return the manuscript to the author for approval.
- Authors who are not subscribers to Nutcracker Notes can view previous issues – prior to the two most recent ones – listed above.