WPEF hiring temporary Communications and Database Contractor
|Salary Details||$16-$20/ hour Depending on Experience, 20 hours/week average|
Schedule: Up to 20 hours/ week. Schedule flexible & work from home. Summer 2021 with potentially reduced hours in Fall 2021. Must be available and in Missoula during our Fall Conference October 5-7, 2021.
Closing Date: Open until filled; review of applications will begin on June 9, 2021
Summary of Position:
The Forestry Communications and Database Contractor will assist the Operations Manager, WPEF Board of Directors, and H5II Conference Planning Committee in database management, conference planning and management, producing a newsletter and other outreach information, and creating posts for social media accounts. Other duties may be assigned based on the individual employee’s skills, abilities, and interest.
About the Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation:
The Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation (WPEF) is a science-based non-profit dedicated to counteracting the decline of whitebark pine and enhancing knowledge about the value of its ecosystems. The Mission of the Whitebark Pine Ecosystem Foundation is to promote the conservation of whitebark pine ecosystems by supporting restoration, education, management, and research projects that enhance knowledge and stewardship of these valuable ecosystems. Through the cooperative organization of the foundation, and networking with other organizations, government agencies, and individuals, we will be able to do together what we cannot do alone. WPEF is a tax-exampt, 501(c)3 non-profit organization established in 2001. For more information about WPEF and its programs, visit www.whitebarkfound.org. For information about the Second Conference on Research and Management of High Elevation Five Needle Pines in Western North America visit www.highfivepines.org.
- Assist with H5II conference planning
- Learn the conference platform (Pheedloop) and assist with platform management during the conference
- Help develop a social media plan for conference outreach
- Assist with the management of our member/donor database, Little Green Light
- Potential to compile and summarize recent research articles for the email newsletter
- Potential to work on newsletter layout in MailChimp
- Assist with other document and report compilation and layout
- Other work may be assigned based on interest and/or experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Basic experience with database management preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing is required.
- Experience with and knowledge of forestry, botany, and/or ecology preferred.
- Experience with ArcGIS preferred.
- Experience with event planning, virtual conference platforms, and Zoom preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your skills and interest to Julee Shamhart at [email protected]. This position will be open until filled, but application review will begin on June 9, 2021.